July 12, 2013

First Time Watching Concert in Korea: CNBLUE BLUE MOON

CNBLUE WORLD TOUR BLUE MOON LIVE IN SEOUL
Sunday, 26th May 2013 - Jamsil Gymnasium



CNBLUE big banner just outside of the venue


This was the first time I watch a concert LIVE in Seoul itself (wohoo!!) and it was CNBLUE. I really want to share my story to all of you guys who are wondering about how to book ticket, how to get there, and some idea about watching concert in Seoul ♥ 

I was going to watched BoA but it was held in Daegu which is sooooo far from Seoul. I was going to get the tix for the 25th show but then the ticket that I wanted was sold out and decided to book the 26th show one just before the day of concert (25th May). Btw, I watched it alone without any companion cz my mom choose to go Namsan Tower than watch a concert.

  THE TICKET


I booked the ticket from Interpark, the web that usually sell any concert, musical, and show held in Korea. The web is available in English, Mandarin, and Japanese. You can also choose your preferable seat for the show so no need to go there early in the morning except you are in festival area. For this time, I decided to bought the cheapest ticket (77000 KRW) since I only know several songs of CNBLUE lol. After I booked the ticket, the web send me the confirmation email that need to be printed to shown to the staff to get the physical ticket. The ticket was wrapped inside an envelope with a hole-covered-with-plastic so you dont need to take out the tix when you need to show it to the staff because the hole is just in the right place where it shows the floor and seating number. I like the concept because usually when we are waiting to inside the venue, u will get so sweaty and if u accidentally wipe the ticket, the number will be erased easily. I experienced it once when I watched SHINee SWC in SG, the ticket got so dirty after I hold it for a long time. HOW TO GET THERE 

The ticket for the show

Guess what, the view from my seat without zoom
  HOW TO GET THERE 


Sport Complex Subway Line 2 - Exit 6 or 7

Lol I actually followed 2 girls that were going to watch cnblue also. It was really hard to find the exit because there was no sign about exit 6 and caused us to go around the station in order to find the exit. I went out from exit 7 and the baseball stadium was just across me. There was a baseball match and it was super crowded. Moreover, it has KFC, Burger King, and a mini market there so make sure buy your food there first because there are no food stall in the gymnasium area. And also, better go to the toilet in this baseball stadium since the number of toilet chamber are more than in the gymnasium.

Baseball Stadium

Go right after you see this building
After you pass the baseball stadium, in front of you, you will see this stadium with Olympic symbol and just turn right. Walk through the road and you will see some glass wall about the story of Korean athletes during the Olympics. Just go straight and you will see the building, of course, many fans can be seen. You will never get lost lah.

I was welcomed by huge and many support booth (?) where the fans were donating, mainly rice, to congratulate and support the performer. 





The other side of the stadium also had the same booth area. I was soooooooo shocked when I saw the donation from BOICE Indonesia just in front of the back booth area. I was like wow amazing Indonesia gave the donation also and its in the front! many people see it for sure because its near the merchandise area.
Donation from CNBLUE4INA
After that, I queued for the merchandise and bought a lightstick and tshirt (20000 KRW) 


  CONCERT MECHANISM

As I just said, you will never get lost here!! The staffs were spread in all area and direct you if you ask them. There were some staffs walking around with megaphone and said about the ticket for the festival and the opening hour of ticket box in Korean, English, Mandarin, and Japanese. Once I asked one of them about my ticket and 3rd floor and they really helped me a lot and they didnt "sigh-ing" at all. Well, at least you need have some basic korean and able to read hangul. That really helps you a lot!

Another thing that shock me and amazed me was about the festival area. I watched so many concert in Indo and SG but this never happened in both countries. The people that were going to watch in festival area need to give their bags or jackets to the staff. The staff then would place your things inside big transparent plastic bag and put number. It was like a deposit counter so you dont need to bring you big backpack inside the venue. When the concert finished, you took back your belongings by gave the number to the staff. The staff divided the place based on the number, for example 1-100, 101-200, etc, so the Q wont be full in just one place.
For festival section. Neat right?
Finally I entered the venue (wohoo!) and again I was so shock. Unlike in Indo or SG, there was no security check but only ticket check here although I already thought many ways to hide my camera and its all useless -_- moreover, there was no Q at all for my section. I just go directly and walk slowly since the concert start just in 1 hour. 

NO QUEUE GUYS!
I entered my section and it was no joke! The seating and all the stairs were so steep! I remember I saw a girl cried to her mom cz their seats were below and the girl was soooo scared cz the stairs were super steep. But because of the super steep place, although you are seating the very upper seat, you still can see the stage well. In other words, you can see the stage well in every seat.
Once I found my seat, there was a pouch from plastic that consist of a banner and the instruction in 4 language. The pouches were attached in you seat and i can see that all the seats have the pouch attached. At the end the project was successful.
Waiting for the concert to start, the FEMALE staffs were keep shouting in korean and held a paper with red fonts saying that no photograph and recording inside the venue. This was no joke also. There was a girl in front of me that was caught by the security and she was forced to go out from the venue. From above, I saw that there were even some securities in the festival section. CNBLUE provide the photo time when they posed and all the fans were allowed to took pic and record. 



Photo Time!



The concert ended but so many fans in festival chanted encore /although the credits VCR shown already/. The boys were coming back to the stage again unexpectedly and Jonghyun sang These Days while waiting for Minhyuk's drum to be set up again. Then, the boys sang I'm Sorry again ♥ Anyway, the concert was officially ended 




- That was my experience watching a concert alone in Korea for the first time, the tips, and some fun facts -

If you have any question, please ask me or mention @echaheesica